KIDDO=LOVE

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

It`s the Day of Love, and I love it :)
We had a great day, right now Micah is making us some delicious food! It smells so yummy, I am starving, lol. 
The kids and I have been busy the last few days, making cupcakes & Valentines for our mamas!

These are the ones I made:

Valentines for Moms

Inside
Detail
--------
Also made some for our boys (mini)

Here are some of the cards the kids made
(Billy is getting SO good at writing, I literally just have to name the letter to spell a word and he knows how to write it!)
Billy:

Joey`s cards:

---------------
And now my pride and joy, the cupcakes I made for us and our Mamas:
 I found these awesome melamine plates at target, it`s like they were made to display these flower cakes!!


I figured it out and it turns out I cut out almost 300 petals to make enough flower cupcakes for 2 a person! Phew. They were worth it though. So pretty and delish.:)
------------------

The kids were so great about waiting for Micah to come home until we exchanged V-day presents! I was surprised.
They got some candy and a little toy.
While Micah started dinner, they started a painting project.





Micah and Bella

 Billy laying down in Joey`s bed, and the kitties sleeping in the hutch behind it, they are pretty frickin` awesome! ;)


-------
A Valentines (or whenever) treat to make.
I originally saw this on another blog, but I cannot for the life of me remember which one. So, credit for the person responsible for this!
First take a batch of strawberries, cut off the top, and use a melon baller to core out the middle
This is how they should look:
Next (or before, whatever) make cheesecake, you can either make cheesecake from scratch, buy a refrigerated tub, or get a no-bake mix (I got the no-bake, it was a $1.50 at wall-mart, it`s easy still tastes good, and I really didn`t have time for extra baking this weekend)

Then Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs


They were really, really good. If you try this, I am sure you will love it too!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Love
-Melli


EDIT: The link to the original recipe for the strawberries http://www.thesweetslife.com/2011/08/cheesecake-stuffed-strawberries.html

2 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures! The cupcakes were great, thank you again :) I will post (on fb) and send you some pictures tomorrow, I`m too tired today but already uploaded them. Thanks for the pictures from Billy & Joey, they are really cute, and of course your pretty handmade card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...cheesecake filled strawberries! What a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete