KIDDO=LOVE

Friday, January 27, 2012

Projects, Projects Everywhere

 I can`t find my camera AND my phone seems to be taking worse pictures than usual (It isn`t smart any more.) Todays pictures are therefore not a great quality, but I really wanted to show off my new closet. I`m hoping by my next post I will have be taking amazing picture, it`s tax time and I will finally get a new camera. I`ve been lusting for one for a while. Yay!
---------------
Closet
So, we`ve lived in this house for almost 2 years, I got the walk in closet and Micah has an armoir in our bedroom for his clothes. (I know it isn`t fair, but I have a lot of stuff.) The closet itself was fine, though made of that metal wire shelving, which sucks. And finally almost all of it had come crashing down. After many modification, my husband decided it was time for an over-haul.
This is the before (at it`s worst, I barely even used it at all anymore)

Crazy, righ?. And that was only half of my stuff. Ah! so we took everything out, painted, and then my super, awesome, handy & handsome husband made me this:




5: 5'x 20" shelves, floor to ceiling, a new rod, another shelf over the rod, and this weekend The very top shelf will be extended to go around the whole room.
Needless to say, I love being in there now.


So does Bender, we actually had to put a door on it now. (It used to have a bamboo curtain.)

There was also originally a white cabinet inside of my closet, it has been moved and now used for crafts:

YARN. I love crocheting.

--------------------------------------------

I`ve had trouble sleeping the past few days, weird, because I usually sleep like a rock.
The lego thing is getting to be a lot of fun for me. Last night (at like, 2 in the morning) I got an itch to try making my own. I`ve made quite a few now, so I kind of know the structure process to make it work.
Nothing special, but I was proud of it. It will most likely go with the pirates of the carribean lego sets.

The large turret in the midle spins!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last but not least:
Something fun and yummy for the kiddos in your life. (ages 3+)
I don`t know about your kids, but mine are not big fans of buns, and almost all types of bread. So when they ask for a hot dog, it`s always kind of plain, cubed, sliced, etc.
Here is what we do (light turkey hot dogs were used)
OCTOPUS

Cut the hot dog in half, then slice each side halfway up. (imagine it is squared) Then, make another slice into each 'leg'.
Do both sides, lay flat a microwave until the legs start to slightly curl. (about 30-45 seconds)
Take them out and they can then easily be set up like this:
Be sure to let them cool off!! Those tentacles are hot, hot, hot!

To add a little extra cute-ness, dip a tooth pick into ketchup and make little eyes on your octo-friends.

Hope your kids like these as much as mine.
-----------------------------

Have a great weekend!!

xoxo,
Melli

No comments:

Post a Comment